background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

Baseball is like a religion in the Burch household.  After all, our dogs are named after Don's beloved Cleveland Indian's players, and Kenzie's initials are "MLB."
Donny has played baseball longer than I've known him....in fact MUCH longer.  He started playing T-ball at the ripe old age of 6, and has played on numerous teams and leagues.  That's over 20 years of playing the sport he loves....and he's still playing in a summer league.  In fact, the first time I had ever layed eyes on my handsome husband, was when our mutual friend showed me his baseball picture on the Fredonia State athletics page.  *Love at first site!*    
I hardly excelled at baseball or softball, although I did dabble in it.  And by dabble I mean, I "played" T-ball for a couple of years, but quit as soon as it was time to move up to that frightening pitching machine.  I do have many memories of a childhood full of baseball.  From watching the New York Yankees with the biggest fan ever, my Grandpa Hatch, to going to Texas Ranger's spring training games while visiting my aunt in Florida, and celebrating my birthday at a Buffalo Bison's game.
So of course this baseball religion would naturally be passed down to our baby girl.  A couple of weeks ago we traveled out to Cleveland for Kenzie's first baseball game, and opening day of the Indian's 2011 season. This is the 3rd opening day we've gone to, but first as a family of three, and definitely not the last.  It was a balmy 45 degrees, but sitting in the sun was perfect.  She was such a good little fan the whole game drawing much attention to her cute self!

Bundled up and ready to go!


Sleeping through the pregame and first couple of innings


Obviously thrilled


No comments:

Post a Comment